A place to see what goes on in my studio and in my head on everything from music to political mayhem.

Friday, March 20, 2009

Frustrated and Tired

How exactly does one go about blogging on being frustrated and tired. Last week I was removing 3 tree stumps to make way for a landscaping project for my wife. She had made several attempts to remove them herself with no success. So with 7ft crow bar and shovel I began to work. Everything went well for the most part with the exception of nearly having a heart attack. However the next day and for 6 days since my shoulder, neck and upper fore arm are constantly aching with a deep ache that nearly immobilizes me at times regardless of Ibuprofin or Alleve. Sitting at work using a "Spaceball" is like trying to spoon feed yourself with a broken arm.

The next part of the equation is our large cat who insists on being in our room all night. He has a nice wicker basket to sleep in that he loves but also likes to clean himself at all hours of the night. The basket squeaks a lot when gets in and out so I am woken from my sleep multiple times from either the cat or the aching caused from the stump removal.

Tuesday my genius friend came over and we chatted about music. I auditioned a few songs for him and he noticed timing issues with my songs which were originally done on 1 inch analog tape and transferred to Pro Tools. Now I am trying to fix the timing problems across 7 drum tracks. After 3 days of spending hours trying to fix things I'm ready to pull my hair out. My timing varies from 119bpm in the intro, changes to 130bpm during the chorus, back to 199 and then to 124.5 at the refrain. Trying to use elastic audio to move things around to align with the grid is tough because all the timing variations move downstream to latter parts of the song.

My family doesn't understand why it is taking so long or even why it matters.

Joe did start a new song for his Starlander project which is really cool and as usual does in 5 minutes things I slave over and still never get right.

I need a refresh!